Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted in Articles


Did you know that your donation to Safe House Stellenbosch, as a company or as an individual, qualifies as a tax deduction? This means that you will receive a 10% rebate at the end of the financial year.

Safe House, unlike some charitable organisations, is a registered Not for Profit (NPO) Public Benefit Organisation (PBO), which means that it can issue the Section 18A Tax Certificate.

The Section 18A Tax Certificate allows you to claim back your donation from SARS at the end of the year. In a nutshell, your donation will not really cost you anything BUT will make a huge difference on the lives of the women and children who are seeking shelter from domestic violence.

So what do you need to do?

  1. Decide how much money you would like to donate. It could be one lump sum or a small monthly amount that adds up over a 12 month period.
  2. Make sure that the amount is not more than 10% of your taxable income as the deduction is only valid on 10% of your taxable income.

TIP: Friends of the Safe House donate just R100 per month (or a little more) by setting up a recurring stop order their bank accounts.

  1. You will receive a receipt which you will need at the end of the tax year. So keep it.
  2. Notify Safe House of any change of address or particulars before financial year end..
  3. Safe House will provide you with a Section 18A Tax Certificate at the end of the financial year.
  4. Submit this tax certificate together with your other tax returns in order to claim your 10% rebate.

Any questions? Please contact us.

donate to Safe House stellenbosch




Please follow, like and share:
468 ad